Thursday 3 October 2013

Jo Lucas ... 6c to 7c


Jo sending Silk Teddies (7c)

I began coaching Jo in August 2011 at Ratho in Edinburgh, then a board session, then onto the full program for two long seasons. We have climbed and trained together in the UK, Spain and the French Pyrenees and it was great to hear of her recent news of red pointing two 7c's within a few weeks of each other. Although her previous career was modelling in Tokyo, her ability to train daily and change her body for climbing has been mind blowing.

Jo working an 8a in French Pyrenees
I have never met anyone with such a positive outlook on her life and Jo has always inspired me to try and get the best from my life. A coaching relationship is a two way thing and Jo has supported me in my times of personal difficulty with her unrelenting openness and friendship. Well done Jo, well deserved after 2 years HARD training. And well done to your 'Spaniard' for putting up with it!

Alex 
Jo and Amanda at Dunkeld, Scotland

... 8a next year? No PRESSURE!...


To join up with ReAch Online Dual Factor Program then please contact markmcgowan01@gmail.com for information. English and Spanish Programs available...


Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)