Wednesday 18 February 2015

A Collective Person...

Jay socially interacting
Jay describes himself as a 'collective' person. He collects stuff and organises it in his room the way he likes it to be. It makes him happy.

He has been busy collecting some other stuff recently. He came first in his category for Autism at ROCfest in Manchester the other week, Did his first V6 boulder problem yesterday and is making more friends in the climbing community both here in North Wales and around the UK & France.

In the sessions, Jay and I talk about life and autism; perceptions, the spectrum, rainbows, female relationships, the benefits of a good core and other stuff like feeling up, down or even sideyways! (sideyways is not a 'real' word, it's sideways, we know that, but you knew that!)

Jay and I have been climbing together for a year I think? And we are beginning to understand what he is actually capable of in climbing and more importantly perhaps, what his journey could mean to others with autism, looking for more from their lives. Jay constantly wants to make sure that what he is doing and the efforts he is going to in his training and learning, are going to help others with autism, especially younger kids. Because when Jay was younger, it was so much harder for him as he didn't have the tools or life experiences to understand as much as he does now and it was VERY, VERY tough for him...

Jay is going to write a book one day, and if struggles to find a publisher (which he won't), then I will write a book and sneak his book into that book! Sneaky bastardo!

Jay and I communicating at height about the crux
 ahead on his outdoor 6c project

But we both agree that the genius in having a less than ordinary life / hellishly tough, is to eventually use it to step sideyways  of judgement and to be kind to yourself and especially to others and not let the sometimes unbelievably horrendous experiences of the past pull you down and prevent you from enjoying the best of humanity, openness, kindness and love.

('hellishly' is a word, so why isn't 'sideyways' a word. What's that about!?) Fuck knows? Or maybe it doesn't... Swearing is naughty, don't do it! Well, not in private, cause that's fucked...


Kindness & Love
Coach Bastardo

#autism



Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)