Tuesday 8 February 2011

Coaching at Transition Extreme in Aberdeen

Training for Power on Neil's 70 board
We firstly stopped off at Neil's  for a power session on his 70 board. Neil does 1:1/2 coaching sessions from his climbing gym near Arbroath  and has been coaching for over 10 years at the highest level. His new set up is awesome and the gym is expanding fast! - contact Reachclimbingcoach@gmail.com for details of availability and price for Neil's advanced rock gym sessions.


Morning run along the sea cliffs near Arbroath

In Aberdeen, we were coaching with The Granite Rock Team at Transition Extreme climbing and bouldering center. Where we had 5 sessions of youths ranging from 6 to 15 years. Great sessions all round fininshed off with a quick route set for the older boys to have a pop at some power slaps on the yellow V5 slopers of doom!





Yellow v5


Scott on sighting 7a+


Scott on 7b


Malcolm on 7a+
A trip back west to Kinloch Leven's Ice Factor on the way home saw for a nice bit of plyometrics on a wet day as well as meeting up with Kev Shields for a quick chat and seeing him tackling the steepest wall in the center... a truly inspiring individual...


Ice Factor




Kev topping out on the steep wall

Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)