Friday 18 March 2011

Finding the flow in climbing...Spain.

Calum Forsyth sending Colera (7b), Futbolin
I'm out with the other coaches to get some routes in and get organised for our coaching week in April.

The main thing we are all in search of at the moment is that 'flow' where your training style is left behind and morphs into a climbing style for rock.

It has taken us into the last few days of the first week to get the nerves out the system and start trying to flash and on sight at our limit.

The beginning of the 2nd week has been more about pushing a little harder in terms of getting more volume and finding a mutually effective team dynamic that brings the best out in us collectively.

As a group, Team Scotland has set out a new support strategy to drive our mutual performance and it will be interesting to see if our tactics deliver additional value.

http://reachclimbingcoach.blogspot.com/

Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)