Thursday 23 May 2013

Systems Training


System set at the Beacon Climbing Centre, Wales
 Began training again using a system that I used to try and maximise my time when I had 6 weeks to get as much Power Endurance as I could for the BLCC's a year ago. It consists of building maximal strength for the fingers using borderline grip types with little distance between them to maximise the focus on the finger loading and contact strength before the natural progression towards PE is achieved by default. Finishes with campus sets on jugs once the fingers are drained to build more power across the back and shoulder girdle... Takes an hour.

1st session today at the Beacon Climbing Centre where I trained for an hour on the system then nearly fell off every easy route I tried after just an hour on the system. So it works ... For me!

Owen Jones trying out my system




If you are interested in 1:1 training sessions for increased Power Endurance sessions with Mark at the Beacon Climbing Centre , then contact him on markmcgowan01@gmail.com for details.

Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)