Monday 12 March 2012

REAL-ROCK TRAD TRIP


Scotland North-West:

We will spend a week climbing sea cliffs in the north-west which may include Reiff, Rhue,Sheigra .
Mountain scrambles or multi -pitch climbs at Stac Pollaidh, Cul Mor,or Cul Beag
Bouldering at Rhue, Ardmair, Reiff
the list is endless!

This course will run from mon 2nd of July until fri 6th of July.
Four days climbing ,coaching and instruction .
One day rest/bad weather day.



Photo: James Dunn


COURSE DISCRIPTION

This course will mainly focus on traditional climbing.
Gear placements
Building belays
Leading and seconding trad routes.
Manageing risk.
Onsight tactics.
Technique on rock
Route reading
Long term development pathway.
Abseiling
with additional options for scrambling, multi-pitch,bouldering,gorge walking and hill-walking.

This course will be delievered by Pamela Millar who is a Mountain Instructor ,loves climbing big remote mountain routes or multi-pitch sea cliff climbing.During the winter Pamela spends her time climbing Scottish mix and ice climbing .
Neil McGeachy - National team coach & passionate Scottish Trad Climber will be on hand to offer tip and techniques on performance on the sharp end.

9AM TILL 5PM EACH DAY .
Spaces for 8 kids (with a parent/gardian)
Price  :    £150 per child
Ratio 1:4
Equipment required.... harness, rock shoes, chalk, helmet, waterproofs(jacket +trousers), walking boots or shoes,warm clothes ,sun tan lotion, midge repellent.

Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)