Tuesday 12 August 2014

Progression with Jay - Driving Power to Power Endurance...

A hot days Bouldering at RAC 
The last few weeks with Jay have been about driving his power through campussing and bouldering to increase his power endurance so we can complete his first 7a red point. We had a few months outdoor climbing both for fun and to improve his footwork and route reading skills. But now it's back to it with some focused training for his big goal of F7a this year. A big step from his 4c lead at the beginning of the spring.
Jay warming up for his 6c onsight at the Indy

Today stunned me as Jay managed his first F6c onsight lead and then worked and completed his first font 6c boulder, so his climbing has changed dramatically over the last few months where he is climbing like a different person from when we first met - a bit of helpful guidance from me "chain this f*&@$*" and an unbelievable amount of effort and self determination from Jay.

We tried a 7a earlier in the summer but we weren't ready but now I am sure that Jay is about to achieve something very special for himself. A truly inspiring person...

font 6c

Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)