Friday 16 January 2015

Face Off...


It's a funny thing watching others remove their mask and just being their open honest selves.

It's actually a wonderful thing, because its reality.

I set myself a 3 year period to learn coaching, a bit like doing a degree! I knew that if I came out the gates too early thinking I knew stuff about coaching people when really, I knew shit about shit, then it would just end up as a big pile of coaching poo!

Just before I had a shit on the exit cracks
 near top of Eiger North Face

Coaching someone to achieve something exceptional is frightening ... For me and for them.  So we had to learn to know some shit. And that is what is happening in Paraclimbing for me. The complexity is intense yet simple and real. No masks just raw challenges, courage and humour!

Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)