Saturday 14 June 2014

Fatigue Phase of The Dual Factor Method with Owen...

Owen finishing off on blobs...
We are now in the Fatigue Phase of the DF method. Lots of increased volume; working and red point  attempts on projects, followed by campus, PE, core and antags then home. Hard days but the gains are coming through in both training benchmarks on the campus board and on the projects.

Owen's reduced in size a little (doesn't look like it in photo! But he has) and his basic power is up now to a good level that can allow us to concentrate on driving Power Endurance from this point.

A few days rest, then tactics change to Increased Intensity combined with less volume to induce a Taper over the coming month, then BOOM!

Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)