Sunday 1 June 2014

Brave, kind and open reflections from young Jay after BMC Para Climbing Competition...


"My Joruney with my coach were do i start , How i met was bouldering at beacon climbing wall not haveing no clue how to do boulder problem so i asked someone for advice got chatting was very friendly helping me so i thoght yes took his advice then tryed that boulder problem falling over but saying to my self Jamie you can do this dont let nothing try stopp me i no it takes me longer to work things out and go over over in my head to understand But once i have that momentum on doing things it starts work my brain lot more. Haveing the abilty to be Training on my own other times was harder with out being pushed but sometimes i would boulder with Emlyn pushing each other and to me problems not easy its what your body and finger tips are use to plus doing moves right , with me i was falling all over place quadronation was all over the shop , one thing i never thoght to my self is dont you dare Give up on that boulder problem even if its pushing you to limits for example getting blisters each day use kill but got use to that feeling, then after think it was Year bouldering . I emailed Mark on coaching lesssons said to my Dad to meet Mark and come down and speak on my behalf since he is my next kin , to explain on my Autism on how it effects me with learning things doing things but he said he can help and met loads people in my life saying they Help and fucking toright he was Right , Being in my own world not about being differnt about understanding that person and i thank everyone i have by me every step way meeting great people enviroment on life its self i wont step my self into bad enviroment to cause Anxiety anxious feelings melts downs with certain peers or places or haveing mixed overwhelming feelings , But climbing has helped me loads with interaction socializing confidence has helped lot with climbing i say is medicine to me and it just helps with things i do to day to day life , and haveing Mark as my coach now he understands way i climb but not only that i have fully trust in talking about things that would never speak out only people close to me no what means lott as well , and much i am for typeing down my thoghts not so good on doing storys on my life , Climbing aspects helps me mentally physically but the Journey has helped loads still not end am still going have so much Determination in me and Dedication and help from my amazing coach Mark as well he's insperation on way he helps me with things we be chilled out mother fuckers in our sessions and pushes me to my limits intill am beasted and cant climb no more , that's what i like ill always push my self intill body cant take it no more and brain its self . 1st Achivement on climbing in Paraclimbing for catogory Autism won medal was so pleased got on the redwine chardonnnayy fantastic celebrations so again i thank my Coach and Gwyn his wife driveing down Manchester for Experienceing and being Inspired its self by watching all the other climbers on other abiltys was amazing , but Mark is still pushing me to my limits on climbing , campus board system board then going bolt to bolt 7A immense ill keep pushing as much body brain will take me , still have lot to be up against but i say for my self feeling strong , am keep going , if can over come lot Goals through out my life well am sure ill be able undertake these not end Jamie :------)"

Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)