Tuesday 18 November 2014

Behind The Scenery... Slate Heads.





Wales is such a lovely place to live and I was inspired to take a walk back up behind the house today to the Bus Stop Quarry after watching local Guide, Libby Peter's short film of her taking her daughters out for an evening climb. It reminded me just how lucky we are living in Snowdonia and being right next to this mass of slate climbing.

If I'm honest, I find it hard to get motivated for the harder TRAD slate, mainly because I did most of the harder routes to E6 when I was 17 back in 1986 and to genuinely dig up the commitment required to on sight E7 on slate is not something I have in me (or if I think I do, I don't want to wake up eyeballing a 70ft ground fall and realize I really don't). But I absolutely love climbing at my limit on the sport routes because they are like no other rock type...

Eyeballing the 70ft ground fall when I did...


So I'm keen as mustard to get back up and finish some outstanding bits at Bus Stop Quarry and continue bouldering harder in conjunction with refining some slate head technique!

Filming work at Bus Stop Quarry for Reach 
(Final Crux Films)
Behind the scenes at Bus Stop

Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)