Monday 10 November 2014

September Training to November Chains...


Iain joined the Reach DF Programme in September and has just completed his project. Well done Iain! Happy days....

Segment from Iain's programme


Iain was training using the DF Online Programme while I was walking across Northern Spain popping online every now and then to see how he was doing. But his dogged persistence was impressive, right up to the end, when I got an email explaining he hadn't yet done his project but was happy that he had found a new way of training.

I knew between the lines that he was running out of time: dry rock time (in Scotland) and emotional time, having committed so completely to his training and our programme format.

So well done you Iain Ross, because when I am lucky enough to be part of a coaching/training journey with someone like you, it makes my week when you get the chains! :)


Chains



Happy!

"I came to climbing late but it is now a passion for me. From the feel of the movement, to exploring old and new places, to meeting new people, to learning new things about myself, it gives so much. A natural part of this for me is training, I want to train as it helps me achieve my goals but more than that, I enjoy the process itself. Over the course of the summer I felt that I was lacking something in my climbing but I could never quite put my finger on it. It was at this point that I stumbled across Mark and Reach and I decided that his approach was worth trying. What I discovered was a new way of training that really suited me and put a sound structure around a lot of what I was already doing. Although there were a few hiccups along the way I stuck to my plan which was focused around a defined route goal and in the end after a right battle I did it. It was great to get the route done but on reflection it is what I have gained from the process that matters most. Roll on the next cycle!" (Iain Ross)

Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)