Friday 21 November 2014

The Great Mountain Crags of Scotland...




This book is now published representing some of the best mountain crags in Scotland along with narratives from some of those who had experienced them over the last three decades.

I was asked to write a piece on my solo ascent of Shibboleth in Glen Coe and I did. Partly from the mountains of Pyrenees then finally from my ex girlfriend's cottage on a hillside in North Wales. I haven't seen the book yet as I gifted her my copy direct from the publishers since she persuaded me to go ahead with publication and it was her birthday (Happy Birthday Cordelia! x ).

I had never written about my solo ascent on this wall, partly because I didn't know what to say as it was a truly personal journey up there in that grand unpolluted special place so long ago and it was all a little unreal in Glen Coe that day but luckily the ascent was recorded on film by Stephen Yates and I walked away for more, so it became real for me and now for others.

It's great to see the book being so well received as the content and photos from others look stunning from what I have seen on social media.I can't remember what I wrote, just the truth probably, but I hope it added value to the publication. 

Scottish Climbing in the 80's and 90's was never written about that much as change from adventure towards sport began and bouldering took hold in Scotland and the climbing media, which was a good thing, because it eventually lead to harder adventurous behaviors from the climbers of the day.

... Anyway, I need to finish my Tesco Online Grocery delivery before I miss my slot!

Reviews:
http://stonecountry.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/great-mountain-crags-of-scotland.html

http://davemacleod.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/the-great-mountain-crags-of-scotland.html

Good luck and much success to Guy and Adrian with their book...

http://v-publishing.co.uk/books/categories/climbing/the-great-mountain-crags-of-scotland.html

Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)