Sunday 16 November 2014

The ReAch Online Dual Factor Training Programme: How to use…


The ReAch Online Dual Factor Training Programme: How to use…

Home Gym

Front Tab:



This is just a strategic outline of the tactics and main focus of training activity over the 6 week period.


The DF method relies on achieving a fatigued state during ’fatigue week’ to induce a deeper and more prolonged peak to assist in completing projects a few weeks beyond the ‘taper’ phase. We load the volume of activity to fatigue, then unload to taper.


The climbing specific training is based on a Strength > Power> Power Endurance cycle.



The ‘Daily’’ Tab:


This is where your training is scheduled in advance in a calendar format allowing you to organise and record your activities. The cells should be overwritten by you once complete, with as much detail as you see fit. Important! It will help you measure progress and motivate later as you go through the weeks… Record weight every monday morning if possible.



Comments Tab:



It is just that… A place to communicate with coach instead of email. It is easier to manage at our end. Use it as you like, say what you like, ask for help or just update your progress… It yours!




DF Trend Tab:
This is just a measure of your DF volume of activity to reflect the required trend towards less volume with higher intensity training...



Fatigue Response Form Tab:



This is the private online form to measure your weekly fatigue levels. The link is found at the end of every week on the right column in the ‘Daily’ tab and results are store in your programme.


Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)