Friday 14 November 2014

The buthcher!


?
I got propelled back into the world of the London based climbing wall (Big Rock in Milton Keynes) to set for their youth academy comp. When setting for youths one is more mindful of avoiding injurious moves or tendon damaging mono dedos. After a little consideration I removed the mono from the pull over the roof on the final route which was a pitty but no point snapping tendons for the sake of a competition place or for anything else for that matter! Unless your a butcher?


We did a couple of Reach Coaching workshops in the evening with the academy then private clients on various topics from competition, trad, onsight, training methods etc. Enjoyed that then fell asleep dreaming about that mono just left of the black hold over the roof... I used to train on monos from age of 14, but then again, there was less awareness about growth plate damage just the butcher on the corner where you could buy tendon soup... Honest! 

Anyway, back to Snowdonia on the Virgin time machine to a nice plate of special Brynrefail soup...


Referrals from clients:



"...This training season I decided to get all the help I can to speed up my improvement. I needed guidance to work towards my goals in long term. I also needed more vision and opinions about my exercises and weak links. I am glad I can share my training with Mark..." (Ville Mustonen, Finland)


" I met Mark in Glen Nevis on his return to climbing to check out some lines he had in mind for me, I wasn't really training at this point but after a day or two talking and training with him I had a much more structured idea of what to do to improve and I did" (Kev Shields)